Montag, 21. Januar 2013

THE BLACK RIDER

"All black he was himself, too, and cloaked and hooded up, as if he did not want to be known...I didn't like the looks of him; and when Grip came out, he took one sniff and let out a yelp as if he had been stung: he put down his tail and bolted off howling. The black fellow sat quite still.
' "I come from yonder, he said, slow and stiff-like, pointing back west, over my fields, if you please. "Have you seen Baggins?" he asked in a queer voice, and bent down towards me. I could not see any face, for his hood fell down so low and I felt a sort of shiver down my back. But I did not see why he should come riding over my land so bold."
J.R.R. TOLKIEN: THE FELLOWSHIP OF THE RING
(Meiner fetten, alten Nachbarin wünsche ich, daß der schwarze Reiter bei ihr vorbeikommt, um sie abzuholen und mit in die Hölle zu nehmen. Es wäre an der Zeit. Die Alte hat lange genug die Luft verpestet.)
---
SIR R (Philanthrop)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen